Early detection of illness is the key to keeping your cat healthy. Our physical exams include a head-to-tail assessment:
- Check weight, temperature, and body condition score.
- Assess the eyes and ears.
- Evaluate the size of the lymph nodes.
- Perform a complete dental evaluation to assess the health of the teeth and gums.
- Listen to the heart and lungs.
- Feel the abdomen to evaluate the size and texture of internal organs including the liver, spleen, kidneys, and intestines.
- Assess the skin and hair coat.
- Evaluate the muscles and joints.
After the examination, we carefully document our findings and give you our recommendations for any health problems we find, including advice on nutrition and behavior.